Tuesday, April 19, 2016

All about bilingualism!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/1542c3bf9a1b4bd0?projector=1
        Bilingualism means the ability to speak or use two different languages. Today at school, we studied about what levels of  bilingualism there are and what level of bilingualism are we at. Here is the chart:
        If I chose which level I would be in, I'd choose level 2 to 3. Korean is my weaker language and English is my stronger language. I understand the whole context of somebody's saying in Korean, even though I have no idea what those words means exactly. Interestingly, I just can't speak out the same sentences other Koreans are talking, even though I can undertand what they are talking about. In English, I understand everything and also can say it back to anybody. That relates to level two. However, I am trying hard to improve my Korean and so far, I can read Korean chapter books more often, well.. it takes LONG time to finish one book,  and finish more of my work on time like other students. I think that I am just a little behind Korean than English which matches to level 3! To summarize, I am in the between 2&3. My goal is to be level 4 or 5 as soon as possible. 

4 comments:

  1. I think if you practice the Korean from your parents then you will improve your Korean and you can be at 4-5 easily!You will improve to read Korean book easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can develop you mother tongue by watching Korean movie and listening music in Korean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnie, I like how you tell about meaning of bilingualism.
    I think your very good at english, also your become more good at Korean than grade 4. ( If you feel mad, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minnie, I think you're in level 5 because you good at English and good at Korean too. Also when we said something in Korean, you understand well.

    ReplyDelete