Friday, April 22, 2016

Language Usage Checklist for Exhibition

http://brown.dpsk12.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/PYP-exhibition.jpg
                This language checklist is for Exhibition that our G5 teacher sent us. I put a 'X' mark to show that is my answer.
What will discussion sound like in Grade 5?
  • We will use English in our groups UNLESS we need to translate the meaning of a word or phrase that needs clarification or elaboration.
  • Then we will remember to switch back to English once we have clarified or elaborated our ideas.
  • In partners, we will use English.
  • When we are thinking solo we can use either English or Korean.
  • In teams, we will use English for all conversation unless we are clarifying the meaning of something.

Weekly self-assessment for language usage
This week I was able to use English and Korean as per the class expectations.
  • Yes ____________ X
  • Mostly ____________
  • Not always _________
The part that was most difficult for me to do was:
  • Class discussion ______
  • Teams in English ______
  • Pairs in English _______ X
  • Solo in English ________
  • Switch back after using Korean _____________
Strategies I used this week:
  • I used Korean/Chinese when I:
    • Asked a question ________
    • Expressed an idea _______
    • Clarified a word _________
    • Clarified a phrase _______
    • Elaborated my ideas _____
    • Took notes ___________
    • Worked in a team _______
    • Worked in a pair _______
    • Worked alone _________
    • Joked around _________ X
    • Had social conversation ______ X
  • I used English when I:
    • Asked a question ________ X
    • Expressed an idea _______ X
    • Clarified a word _________ X
    • Clarified a phrase _______ X
    • Elaborated my ideas _____ X
    • Took notes ___________X
    • Worked in a team _______X
    • Worked in a pair _______X
    • Worked alone _________X
    • Joked around _________X
    • Had social conversation ______ X

This week I am most proud of my reseach by exploring issues we are NOT okay with because I did 6 issues and I achieved my goal which was completing at least 4 issues.

Next week my goal is to use less Korean at school and use more of Korean at home so I can improve on both languages.

5 comments:

  1. Minnie, I know that you don't speak Korean when you are asking question but, I think you should check your self x mark because you sometimes speak Korean. I liked that because you organize ell with your color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minnie, Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your language use. It is important that you are using your Korean too so you can become a full bilingual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnie, I think I can see that you took time and reflected while completing this blog assessment. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blog is clear and neat. It is also important to use Korean when needed but, great on using english everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minnie, I agree with your goal. I want to try using less Korean at school too.

    ReplyDelete