Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Nature is speaking-Soil

http://remineralize.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Natural-Vitality-Soil-eBook-0706151_pdf__page_10_of_20_.png
       Today, I watched a video called Nature is speaking-Soil. I have to answer the following questions:

  • How did watching the video make you feel? 
  • What did it make you think? 
  • What questions do you have? 
  • What surprised you? 
  • What actions do you think humans might need to take?

        Firstly, I felt guilty and shocked after I watched this video because in the video tells that we overused soil and turned soil into broken, aching and sick soil just because of us, humans. I was stunned that we had destroyed half of the soil Earth had over 100 years. As a human, I was so shamed that people have been doing such a wrong thing for such a long time. I have never thought about overusing the soil or sickening the soil before. That made me even more feel guilty.
        Next, this video inspired me to think of plants in my garden that are rooted inside the soil and how thankful I am to the soil so that my plants earn enough nutrition to grow and produce flowers and fruits. While thinking about it, we can't survive if there is no soil because most of our food is produced by plants and those plants grow because of the soil.
        What actions do you think humans might need to take? There are some reasons why soil is getting polluted; toxic chemicals, strong pesticides, trash, faulty sewage systems, and oil spills. To solve those problems, we can recycle and throw trash in the bin. Also we should encourage farmers to use non-toxic pesticide and bio-friendly fertilizers. We need to fix the drainage systems to a proper one and plant more trees. Doing these steps and we will reduce soil pollution.


1 comment: